Saturday, August 17, 2019

Tip: Dry Skin

Going into the trip, I thought "hey, I'll be going to a humid place, I won't need any lotion." I was very wrong. On my hand I have some eczema that occurs from dryness. Living in Colorado where it's a desert climate, I have it nearly year-round and I have some prescription level ointment for it. Since the container is over 3 oz and it kind of gets everywhere, I didn't want to bring it.

However, planes are dry. The cabin is dry, the air they put in it is dry, just overall very, very dry. Next thing that happens, my eczema flares up and there's nothing I can do about it. By the end of the trip, my hand is going all "hulk mode" on me and my spot of eczema is splitting open and bleeding. It wasn't pleasant.

Even for the rest of my hands that didn't have eczema, they felt dry and not comfortable.

Moral of the story: Bring lotion. Even if you don't have problems with dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment