Monday, August 19, 2019

Indonesia Trip 2019: Day Two in Jakarta (July 21st)

Since it was my grandmother's birthday a few days ago, my uncle was hosting a party to celebrate.

My mother wanted to get some flowers for her mother (my grandmother), so we stopped by a flower shop on the side of the road. There were a lot of cool and pretty flowers.


When the party came around, many relatives (who I had no idea how I was related to them), came by. There was food, there was talking, there was cake, there were flowers, and I spent a lot of time just talking with my cousin (because we're all awkward and don't know how to hold a conversation).

All the grandchildren in one place!
After the party, my parents went to meet some friends, and we decided to use the MRT system, a brand new subway/light rail system in Jakarta. It was a pretty nice experience. It wasn't too crowded when we went, and it's nice and cool in the train cars.

Unlike where I live, malls in Indonesia are still very much in use. People go there all the time, and it's a great meeting spot. So we went to the mall and met friends. I was still somewhat jet lagged, so by the time 9PM came around (they use military time in Indonesia, by the way), I was falling asleep in my chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment