Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Back Home

When I returned back home I could still remember what happened about two weeks ago. I could still remember taking out my luggage from the trunk of the car, the cool, crisp morning air, the roll of my suitcase as we walked to the shuttle stop. I could still remember the other people who were at the shuttle stop, and the slight confusion that the notice gave us. I could remember the shuttle ride to the terminal, and then getting lost because there was a hotel at the entrance of the airport and we were so disoriented. Thankfully, we managed to meet up with everyone. I could still remember seeing how excited Chiaki, and everyone else were. I can even remember the shock we had when we saw Jack and Jared and how they had managed to fit everything they needed in a backpack and a carry-on bag. I also remember Jared asking me if he could put his can of tomatoes in my bag, because TSA would not like that in a carry-on.

I remember the crazy long line for security, and my anxiety and how I totally messed up going through security. I forgot about my traveler's pocket, and phone. I also remember how Riley was the person who held us up because he forgot to take out his laptop. I remember the tears. I remember us going down the escalator down to the shuttles. And now, it's done.

The trip is over, and the only thing we can hang onto are our memories and the pictures and videos. We weren't in Japan, we were in Japan, we aren't in Japan. Our trip is over, I'm sad. Not only is the trip over, but the friends who became my family for the two weeks of vacation are also going to be lost. We won't see each other in a very long time.

Thanks for the amazing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment