Thursday, September 12, 2019

Indonesia Trip 2019: Third Day in Penang! (August 1st)

We first visited the Pinang Peranakan Mansion, which is a chinese jewelry museum. Everything about it was ornate and gorgeous. The building was covered in carvings, and with every turn you'd find either beautiful jewelry, gorgeous tapestries, or dainty pieces of glass. It was very interesting for me because I also got to learn more about my heritage, and I got a key chain with my Chinese name on it!
From there, we went to Batu Ferringhi where most of the afternoon was spent playing in the sand and watching the sunset. My sister and I played with the rocks to build a rock tower (she was unfortunate enough to get wet), and my dad was determined to get some pretty shots of him doing yoga with the sun behind him.
For dinner, we ate at another hawker market (basically a street food, food court) and walked through the night market a little. There weren't many interesting things, so we headed back to the hotel where we were staying at.

No comments:

Post a Comment